Edit Bear notes in Typora. This becomes useful if notes contain math expressions, which are currently not rendered in Bear.
@markgrovs wrote a Bear-Markdown-Export script , exporting notes from the Bear database to Markdown. It allows to synchronise edited notes back into the Bear database.
When triggered, this workflow does the following:
- Call the export/sync script.
- Select the ID of the currently active note in Bear.
- Search through the exported markdown notes to find the matching note.
- Open the note in Typora.
- Change Typora to fullscreen mode.
- Watch out for Typora being closed: once that happens, the export/sync script is triggered again so that the changes are reflected in Bear.
The workflow uses a combination of Python and AppleScript to get this done. It's hacked together quickly. Feel free to fork and improve.
To use this workflow, set up Bear-Markdown-Export , install Typora, and edit the environment variables of the workflow.