Video Downloader (Workflow) for Alfred version 1.1.0
Video Downloader is an Alfred workflow written in Bash/Shell for easily downloading videos (and/or extracting audio) from various websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion and more... It uses youtube-dl as the core component.
Download and double click Video-Downloader.alfredworkflow. It will be imported into Alfred automatically. Don't forget to run `vd-update` after import.
- vd-update — will automatically check and update the core component. Run this first when you import the workflow.
- vd video-url — will download the video file to your desktop.
- vd-audio video-url — will download the video file, then automatically extract and create an audio file. (The original video file is deleted at the end.)
- vd-info video-url — will display some video meta-data in Large Type and create an *.info.json* file.
- vd-help — will display a quick help in Large Type.
- Videos, audio and meta-data files) will be downloaded/created on your desktop.
- When using vd and vd-audio command keywords; hold the CMD key and hit ENTER to automatically play the file after the download (or extraction) is finished.
- This workflow will display post notifications where appropriate (before/after downloads, on download errors, updates, etc)...
YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, Google Video, MTV, SoundCloud, PhotoBucket Videos, DepositFiles, blip.tv, myvideo.de, Google Plus, The Daily Show / Colbert Nation, The Escapist, CollegeHumor, arte.tv, xvideos, infoq, mixcloud, Stanford Open Content, Youku, XNXX, more... See the full (and updated) list [here](http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/documentation.html).
For this (vd-audio) feature, you should install FFmpeg yourself manually (because of licensing issues).
One way to install FFmpeg is;
- Install XCode
- Install Command Line Tools for Xcode
- Install MacPorts
- Install FFmpeg by running the command below in Terminal:
$ sudo port install ffmpeg
You can append these options to enable support for various codecs and FFmpeg features:
+gpl +postproc +lame +theora +libogg +vorbis +xvid +x264 +a52 +faac +faad +dts +nonfree
Video Downloader workflow is released to the public domain. (Do whatever you like with it.) FFmpeg is a trademark of Fabrice Bellard and it is licensed under LGPL version 2.1 http://www.ffmpeg.org/legal.html
Star this on GitHub if you like it.