If you do any bug reporting, you may know what a pain it is to get version information for the application in question. Usually, it means going to the 'About' menu and copying version information from there.
This workflow lets you copy and paste version information with a few keystrokes.
- Alfred 2 v2.1.1 (227) on Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
- Safari v7.0.1 (9537.73.11)
- Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
You can get version information for:
- The current application
- Any application on your disk
- Your operating system
There are also several choices when retrieving the information:
When dealing with application or operating system info:
- Command: Copy and paste immediately
- When dealing with application info:
- Option: Copy with OS information
- Control: Copy with OS information and paste immediately